Rice – ½ cup
Cumin seeds (Zeera) – 1 tsp
Green chillies – 2, finely chopped
Water – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Ghee for cooking
- Wash rice, drain the water and keep them aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add cumin seeds and fry till the seeds stop spluttering.
- Fry green chillies.
- Add water and give it a boil.
- Add salt as per taste
- Pressure cook the whole rice mix without whistle on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with any of your favorite curry.
You might also like
|Lemon Rice Lemon Rice is a specialty of South India.It is quickly prepared with left over rice and is full...||Curd Rice Curd Rice or yogurt rice is prepared by mixing rice and salted curd. Curd rice is accompanied...||Kheer (Rice Pudding) Ingredients: Milk - 3-4 cups Rice - ½ cup Sugar as per taste Raisins (Kishmish)- 1-2 tsp Almonds...||Meetha Pulao (Sweet Pilaf) Ingredients: Rice - 1 cup Cloves (Laung) - 2-3 Bay leaves (Tejpatta) - 3-4, small Cumin...|