Vegetable pulao is widely loved pulao and a popular go to option for all veggie foodies. It is invariable on the menu at most parties and “bhoj”. Here is how I cook it.
Basmati rice : 3∕4 cup
Cloves (Laung) – 1-2
Bay leaves (Tejpatta) – 1-2, medium
Green cardamom (Chhoti elaichi) : 2
Cumin seeds (Zeera) – 1 tsp
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Onion : one small, finely cut length wise
Cashew nuts(kaju)- 6-8
Raisins (Kishmish) - 2 tbsps
Coriander leaves- finely chopped, for garnishing
Brown cardamom (Badi elaichi) - 1
Roast coriander seeds (Dhania) and grind into a fine powder – 1 tsp
Green chilies – 2-3, cut length wise
Carrots- 1,medium sized, cut into small pieces
Green peas – 1/4 cup
Cauliflower (gobhi)- 3∕4 cup, cut into small florets.
Salt to taste
Ghee for cooking
- Wash rice, drain the water and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Fry all the dry fruits (Cashew nuts and raisins) and keep them aside.
- Fry rice for 3-4 minutes. Keep them aside.
- Heat some ghee in a pressure cooker and add clove, bay leaves, brown cardamon and green cardamoms and let it brown.
- Add cumin seeds and fry till the seeds stop spluttering.
- Add finely sliced onions and fry till it becomes pinkish and translucent. Add salt to fasten the process.
- Fry all chopped vegetables; green chilies, carrots, green peas, cauliflower.
- Add ginger and garlic paste.
- Add dhania powder and the remaining salt.
- Add pre-fried rice and mix well.
- Add water in a amount that just submerge mixture of rice and vegetables.
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and remove the whistle and cook pulao on medium flame. After 8-10 minutes open the cooker and check. If you find that all water has dried up and rice is still not completely cooked then you can sprinkle some water and again cook for few minutes. But if you see that rice is cooked and still water is left then evaporate the extra water without putting lid of cooker. Keep stirring in between.
- In the end add some ghee to pulao and give it a good mix.
- Garnish pulao with fried dry fruits and finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with any of your favorite curry or raita.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Soya Chunks Pulao
- Meetha Pulao (Sweet Pilaf)
- Vegetable Biryani
- Zeera Rice
- Idli (Steamed Rice and Lentils Cake)
You might also like
|Soya Chunks Pulao Pulao with soya chunks is highly nutritious and delicious. Soya is very healthy, it is low in fat and...||Meetha Pulao (Sweet Pilaf) Ingredients: Rice - 1 cup Cloves (Laung) - 2-3 Bay leaves (Tejpatta) - 3-4, small Cumin...||Vegetable Momos Vegetable Momos are a traditional delicacy in Nepal and Tibet. They are one of the most popular...||Vegetable Chow-Mein / Veg Hakka Noodles (Indian Style) Vegetable hakka noodles or vegetable chow-mein is a very popular fast food choice in India....|