For manchurian balls
Cauliflower: ½ cup, very finely cut
Cabbage: ½ cup, very finely cut
Carrot: ¼ cup, very finely cut
Capsicum: ¼ cup, very finely cut
Green chilies: 3-4
Black pepper (Kali mirch): ½ tsp
Soy sauce: 1 to 2 tsp
Boiled and mashed rice: ¼ cup
Corn flour: 1-2 tbsp
Ajinomoto: a pinch
Ginger paste: 1tbsp
Garlic paste: 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
For manchurian sauce
Tomato sauce: 1-2 tbsp
Soya Sauce: 1-2 tsp
Spring onion: ¼ cup
Sugar: ½ tsp
Ginger paste: 1 tbsp
Garlic paste: 1 tbsp
Green chili: 2-3
Black pepper: ¼ tsp
Vinegar: 1 tsp
Ajinomoto: two pinches
Corn flour paste
Salt to taste
- Finely chop all vegetables like; cabbage, cauliflower, carrot and capsicum in a food processor. Boil in little water for 2 minutes. Completely squeeze out all the water from the vegetables. Store the water (veg stock) which will be used later for gravy.
- Add salt, green chilies, black pepper, soya sauce, mashed boiled rice, ginger-garlic paste, cornflour and spring onion to the vegetable mixture. Mix well and make small balls out of it.
- Deep fry the manchurian balls till they attain a golden brown color and drain them on a paper towel.
- For manchurian sauce, heat oil in a kadhai and fry chopped green chili and very finely chopped onions.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic and fry till golden brown.
- Add soya sauce, tomato sauce, chili paste, vinegar, black pepper, chopped spring onion, salt, ajinomoto and sugar.
- Now add the deep fried manchurian to this sauce and mix them well till the sauce is coated well. Leave it for a couple of minutes and remove from heat.
- If you want to make manchurian gravy, just add the stored vegetable stock, little more salt, more soy sauce and corn flour batter to the sauce gravy.
- Leave it for 2 minutes and add the manchurian balls and let it absorb the sauce for a minute and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with fried rice.
You might also like