Potatoes – 2 medium in size, boiled, peeled and mashed
Cumin seeds (Zeera) : 1 tbsp
Cashew nut (Kaju) or Walnut (Akhrot) or both – 7-8, broken
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder (Haldi) : ½ tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tbsps
Chat masala – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1tsp
Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Onions – ½ cup, finely chopped
Paneer – 2-3 tbsps, grated
Green chilies – 3-4, finely chopped
Mixed vegetables (carrot, cabbage, cauliflower, capsicum, green peas) – half the total quantity of mashed potatoes, very finely chopped
Maida (All purpose flour) – 4-5 tbsps
Oil for frying
Salt per taste
- Boil, peel and mash potatoes with the help of grater. Keep it aside
- Chop all the vegetables finely in a food processor.
- Boil all chopped vegetables for 2-3 minutes. Cool the vegetables and then squeeze out all water.
- Boil green peas and mash it coarsely . Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add zeera , when brown add chopped green chilies.
- Add all nuts and let it roast.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste and cook till it turns brown.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Add chopped onions. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric, coriander powder , red chili powder and salt.
- Add the vegetables kept aside and cook till all moisture is lost.
- Add lime juice.
- Add chat masala.
- Now turn off the flame and cool the mixture.
- Mix cooked vegetables mixture and mashed potato well. The mix should not be wet. You can add some bread crumbs to dry the mix.
- Make flat rounds of the mix.
- Dip cutlets in maida paste and immediately roll in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil till both sides till golden brown.
- Serve cutlets with finely chopped onion slices and chat masala.
You might also like
|Malai Kofta Ingredients: For Koftas : Cottage cheese (Paneer)- ½ cup, grated Potatoes: ½ cup, boiled...||Pav Bhaji Ingredients: Potatoes - 2, medium sized, boiled and mashed Chick peas -½ cup,...||Aloo Dhania Ingredients: Boiled potatoes - 3-4 Cumin seeds (zeera) - 1/2 tsp Green coriander leaves - 2 cups Green...||Aloo Bonda Ingredients: Potatoes: 2 medium sized, boiled, peeled and mashed Onions: ½ cup, finely chopped Green...|