Rice - 1 cup
Onion – Two medium, finely cut length wise
Tomatoes – 2 medium in size
Capsicums – 2 medium in size, sliced
Boiled mixed vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, potatoes and green peas), chopped – 1 cup
Cashew nuts (kaju) – 10-12
Raisins (Kishmish) – 2 tbsps
Coriander leaves , finely chopped – ¼ cup
Saffron strands (kesar) – 2 pinches
Milk : 5-6 tbsps
Salt to taste
Ghee for cooking
Cloves (Laung) – 2
Green cardamom (Chhoti elaichi) – 3
Ginger paste – 1 inch
Garlic – 8-10 coves
Green chillies – 4
Poppy seeds (khus-khus) – 1 tbsp, soaked in little water for at least 4 hours
Cinnamon (dalchini) – 1 big stick
Pudina (Mint) leaves – 7-8 leaves
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder as per taste
Onions – 2, medium in size
- Boil rice. Keep them aside.
- Warm saffron strands a bit , powder and dissolve them in little water. Add saffron solution to the cooked rice. Mix well.
- Fry all the dry fruits (Cashew nuts & raisins). Keep them aside for garnishing.
- Fry sliced onions until golden brown. Keep them aside for garnishing.
- Fry sliced capsicums and boiled mixed vegetables. Keep them aside.
- Heat ghee and fry the grounded paste until brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook well. Add salt and turmeric.
- Add fried mixed vegetables (boiled) and sliced capsicums. Add little water to give it a slight gravy. Add chopped coriander.
- Grease a baking dish with 2 tbsp of ghee. Make a layers of rice and vegetables. Start and end with rice layer. Sprinkle some milk on top. Place the dish in oven for at least 10 minutes at 200 degree Celsius.
- Before serving just turn the dish up side down and garnish with fried onions and dry fruits.
- Serve hot with cucumber raita.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Vegetable Pulao
- Kheer (Rice Pudding)
- Hyderabadi Zafrani Pulav (Saffron Rice)
- Soya Chunks Pulao
- Zeera Rice
You might also like
|Vegetable Pulao Vegetable pulao is widely loved pulao and a popular go to option for all veggie foodies. It is invariable...||Pyazz Ka Pakoda (Onion Pakodas) Ingredients: Gram flour (Besan): 3-4 tbsps Semolina (Sooji) : 2 tbsps Onions: 1...||Poha (Spicy Flattened Rice) Ingredients: Poha (Flattened or beaten rice - 1/2cup Ground nuts (Moongphali) - 1/4 cup Onion...||Spring Onion Pakoda / Bhajji (Kachri) Ingredients: Gram flour (Besan): 4-5 tbsps Spring onions: 1 cup, finely cut length wise Red...|