Semolina (Sooji) – ½ cup
Mustard seeds (Rye) – ½ tbsp
Curry leaves (Meethi neem) – 5-6
Green chilies, chopped – 3-4
Capsicum, chopped – one small in size
Carrot, chopped – one medium in size
Onions, chopped – ½ cup
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Turmeric (optional) - ½ tsp
Groundnuts, fried (optional) – ¼ cup
Channa dal and urad dal, fried (optional) – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves, chopped for garnishing
Turmeric -¼ tsp
Salt as per taste
Water – 2 ½ cup
- Heat oil and crackle mustard seeds.
- Fry curry leaves.
- Add sooji, stir constantly to slight brown and keep aside.
- Fry all chopped vegetables like green chilies, carrot, capsicum and onions.
- Add ginger paste.
- Add turmeric and salt.
- Add roasted sooji.
- Add prefried ground nuts and channa dal.
- Now add 3 cups of water and cover the pan and allow it simmer on low heat until the sooji absorbs all water.
- Add little lemon juice and garnish with chopped coriander.
Serves/makes : 2
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
You might also like
|Bread Upma Ingredients: Bread slices - 6 Mustard seeds (Rai) - 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds (Zeera)...||Seviyan Upma (Spicy Vermicelli) Ingredients: Seviyan (Vermicelli noodles), thick ones - 1 cup Water - 2 cup Cashew nuts (kaju) :...||Green Moong Daal Vada Ingredients: Mung bean (Green moong dal) – ½ cup Sooji - 1 tbsp (optional) Cumin seeds...||Stuffed Sooji (Semolina) Balls Ingredients: Semolina (Sooji) - 1 cup Sugar - ½ cup Khoa (condensed milk solid) - 1 cup Grated...|