Stuffed Sooji (Semolina) Balls
Semolina (Sooji) – 1 cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Khoa (condensed milk solid) – 1 cup
Grated coconut – 4-5 tbsps
Raisins (kishmish)- 2-3 tbsps
Green cardamom powder (chhoti elaichi)- ½ tsp
Fennel seeds (saunf), powder- 1 tsp,
Water – 1 cup
- Boil water and add sugar.
- Add sooji when sugar gets completely dissolved in water.
- Stir continuously and soon you will get a semi solid paste or a soft dough like structure.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool.
- Now knead it with your hands greased with oil. Make balls out of it.
- For stuffing mix khoa, grated coconut powder, kishmish, choti elaichi and saunf powder and sugar as per taste.
- Stuff the sooji balls with the stuffing, carefully seal the ball and deep fry till golden brown.
Serves/makes : 2-3
You might also like
|Sooji Laddoo Ingredients: Sooji or rawa (Semolina) - 3/4 cup Khoa (Mawa)- 1/2 cup Sugar...||Malpua (Indian Pancakes) Ingredients: Sooji (Semolina) - ½ cup Maida - 2- 3 tbsps Fennel powder (Saunf) - 2-3 tsps Paneer...||Besan and Sooji Halwa (Gram flour and Semolina Halwa) Ingredients: Gram flour (Besan) – ½ cup Semolina (Sooji) – ½ cup Milk – ½ cup Sugar...||Sooji Halwa (Semolina Pudding) Sooji Halwa is a very popular Indian dessert. It is rich in ghee and is garnished with dry fruits. This...|