Stuffed Capsicum (Bharwa Shimla Mirch)
Capsicums or Green peppers (Shimla mirch) – 2, medium in size
Potatoes : 3 medium, boiled
Ginger – 1/2 tbsp, grated
Green chillies – 3-4, finely chopped
Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds (Saunf)- 1/2 tsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Garam masala – two pinhes
Turmeric (Haldi)- 1/4 tsp
Mango powder (Aamchur powder) as per taste
Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
Slat as per taste
Oil to fry
- Soak coriander and fennel seeds in warm water for sometime. Remove it from water. Crush it slightly.
- Heat oil and add coriander and fennel seeds till they are slightly brown.
- Fry finely cut green chilies, chopped onions and ginger.
- Add mashed boiled potatoes.
- Add dry masalas (garam masala, mango powder, haldi and salt). Mix well.
- Add finely chopped fresh coriander leaves. Keep the stuffing aside.
- Remove the top of each capsicum with help of sharp knife and scoop out all seeds.
- Stuff the capsicums with potato mixture well.
- Shallow fry the capsicums until they soften up and make sure that all the sides are cooked well.
- Drain them on paper towel to remove extra oil.
- Serve hot with spicy chutney and onion rings.
You might also like
|Shimla Mirch Pakoda (Capsicum Pakoda) Ingredients: Shimla mirch (Capsicum)- 1, medium in size Gram flour (Besan) – ½ - 1 cup Ginger,...||Jhatpat Seekh Paneer Ingredients: Cottage cheese (paneer)- 10 triangular pieces Capsicum (Shimla mirch) - 10...||Vegetable Biryani Ingredients: Rice - 1 cup Onion - Two medium, finely cut length wise Tomatoes - 2 medium in...||Mushroom Fry Ingredients: Mushrooms quartered - 12-15 Onions - 1, medium Ginger & Garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp Tomato,...|