Soya Chunks Pulao
Pulao with soya chunks is highly nutritious and delicious. Soya is very healthy, it is low in fat and promotes growth due to high protein content. It can be served with raita or any spicy curry.
Soya chunks, boiled – ½ cup
Rice – 1 cup
Onion- one big, thinly sliced
Green chilies- 2-3 , finely chopped
Ginger paste -2 tbsps
Chopped carrots- ½ Cup
Green peas – ½ Cup (Optional)
French beans – ¼ Cup(Optional)
Cumin seeds (Zeera) – 1 tsps
Bay leaves (Tej patta) – 4-5,small
Red chili powder as per taste
Turmeric powder(Haldi)- ½ tsp
Clove – 1-2
Brown cardamom (Badi elaichi) – 1
Cinnamon- ¼ tsp
Water – 1½ cup
Salt to taste
Ghee for cooking
- Wash rice, drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in pan.
- Fry cloves, bay leaves and brown cardamom.
- Add cumin seeds and fry till the seeds stop spluttering.
- Add green chilies and ginger paste.
- Add chopped onions and saute till they turn pink.
- Add all remaining vegetables and fry till they are cooked well. Add salt while frying the vegetables.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder. Stir for a minute.
- Add boiled soya chunks.
- Add drained rice and fry for 2-4 min.
- Add water and cover the pan and cook on low heat till done.
- Keep stirring the mixture in between.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
You might also like