Sooji Halwa (Semolina Pudding)
Sooji Halwa is a very popular Indian dessert. It is rich in ghee and is garnished with dry fruits. This is a popular choice during the festivals. It goes very well with poori.
Semolina (Sooji) – ½ cup
Ghee – 3 tbsps
Sugar – ½-¾ cup
Water – ½ cup
Green cardamom powder (Chhoti elaichi) – ½ tsp
Raisins (Kishmish) – 3 tsps
Sliced Almonds (Badam) – 4-5
Dry coconut powder – 2-3 tbsps
- Mix sugar, water and green cardamom powder in a pan and bring it to boil and set aside.
- Fry raisins and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai. Add sooji and fry until it is slight brown. Constantly stir it to ensure even browning.
- Add sugar water (syrup) and mix rapidly to prevent lump formation.
- Add pre-fried raisins and mix well.
- Cover the kadhai and cook over low heat until the water gets absorbed completely.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and dry coconut powder and serve hot.
You might also like