Curd (dahi) – 1 cup
Sugar as per taste
Milk – 1-2 tbsp
Saffron (kesar) -1/2 tsp
Green cardamom (chhoti elaichi) – 1/4 tsp
Almonds (Badaam) and blanched pistachios for garnishing
- Take dahi in a cotton cloth and hang it for 4 to 5 hours. The idea is to remove most of the water from dahi. You get a creamy end product. Try to do this in refrigerator so that curd does not turn sour.
- Slightly heat kesar strands. Crush them and add to milk. By slightly heating kesar we get maximum color out of it
- Now add sugar powder, chhoti elaichi and kesar milk to the strained dahi. Mix well.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.
- The dish is served chilled.
- You can slightly modify the recipe by substituting kesar with rosewater to get a different taste.
You might also like