Curd (dahi) – 1 cup
Sugar as per taste
Milk – 1-2 tbsp
Saffron (kesar) -1/2 tsp
Green cardamom (chhoti elaichi) – 1/4 tsp
Almonds (Badaam) and blanched pistachios for garnishing
- Take dahi in a cotton cloth and hang it for 4 to 5 hours. The idea is to remove most of the water from dahi. You get a creamy end product. Try to do this in refrigerator so that curd does not turn sour.
- Slightly heat kesar strands. Crush them and add to milk. By slightly heating kesar we get maximum color out of it
- Now add sugar powder, chhoti elaichi and kesar milk to the strained dahi. Mix well.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.
- The dish is served chilled.
- You can slightly modify the recipe by substituting kesar with rosewater to get a different taste.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Sabudana Kheer (Tapioca Pudding)
- Kesari Seviyan (Saffron Sweet Vermicelli)
- Malpua (Indian Pancakes)
- Parwal ki Mithai
- Seviyan (Sweet Vermicelli)
You might also like
|Kesari Seviyan (Saffron Sweet Vermicelli) Kesari Seviyan (Saffron Sweet Vermicelli) is a seviyan without milk. Kesar adds an amazing appearance...||Sabudana Kheer (Tapioca Pudding) Sabudana kheer (Tapioca Puddding) is a sweet pudding made up tapioca and milk. It's quick and...||Dahi Bhindi (Fried Okra/Lady’s Finger in Curd Gravy) Ingredients: Bhindi (okara/ladyfinger) : 250 gm Cumin seeds (Zeera) – 1/2 tsp Curd - 3-4 tbsps Ginger...||Kheer (Rice Pudding) Ingredients: Milk - 3-4 cups Rice - ½ cup Sugar as per taste Raisins (Kishmish)- 1-2 tsp Almonds...|