All purpose flour (Maida): 3∕4 cup
Fennel seeds (saunf) – ½ tsp (optional)
Ghee – 1 tsp
Sugar – ½ cup
Water – ½ cup
Water for kneading dough
Cooking oil for frying
- Combine maida, a spoon of ghee in a bowl. Mix well. Knead a firm dough with help of water.
- Pinch a ball out of dough and roll it into a thick chapatti.
- Cut small square pieces of chapatti with help of knife.
- Deep fry them in a hot oil over a medium heat till it is golden brown.
- Drain them on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Boil water and add sugar. Boil till sugar completely dissolves and syrup thickens to a two thread consistency. Keep the sugar syrup aside.
- Add fried square pieces of maida in sugar syrup. Leave them for 5 minutes in sugar syrup. Later, take out shakkarpare out of sugar syrup,spread them on the plate to dry them.
- Store shakkarpare in an air tight container.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
You might also like
|Samosa Ingredients: For crust All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 Cup Ajwain seeds (Thymol) - ½ tsp Salt...||Malpua (Indian Pancakes) Ingredients: Sooji (Semolina) - ½ cup Maida - 2- 3 tbsps Fennel powder (Saunf) - 2-3 tsps Paneer...||Paneer Onion Kulcha Ingredients: For Dough All purpose flour (Maida) - 2 cups Baking powder - 1/2 tsp Sugar - 1/2 tbsp Curd...||Stuffed Capsicum (Bharwa Shimla Mirch) Ingredients: Capsicums or Green peppers (Shimla mirch) - 2, medium in size Potatoes : 3 medium, boiled Ginger...|