Seviyan Upma (Spicy Vermicelli)
Seviyan (Vermicelli noodles), thick ones – 1 cup
Water – 2 cup
Cashew nuts (kaju) : 6-7
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric (Haldi): ¼ tsp
Asafoetida (Heeng) – two pinches
Curry leaves (Kadi patta) – 5-6
Mustard seeds (Rai) – 1tsp
Whole dry red chilli – 2-3
Channa dal (Bengal gram) : 1 tbsp
Urad dal – ½ tsp
Green chilies – 3-4, cut length wise
Lemon – 1 big
Salt to taste
- Roast seviyan slightly in little oil. Add water and cook seviyan at low heat till all water evaporates and seviyan are completely cooked. Keep them aside.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds and let it crackle completely.
- Stir – fry whole dry red chilli, curry leaves and then cashew nuts.
- Add channa dal and urad dal, fry till they are slightly brown.
- Add green chillies and ginger paste. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric, salt and heeng.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Now add cooked seviyan and mix carefully so that they don’t break.
You might also like