Sabudana (Tapioca) Khichdi
Sabudana (Tapioca) – 1 cup
Ground nuts (Moongphali) - 1/4 cup
Turmeric(Haldi): a pinch
Ginger paste – 1/2-1 tbsp
Cumin seeds(Zeera) – 1/2 tsp
Kasuri methi (optional)
Green chilies – 3-4, cut length wise
Lemon – 2-3 tbsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Fresh finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
- Before the preparation wash sabudana 2-3 times and drain out all water. Soak them in 1/2 cup of water for 4-6 hours. Keep tossing them in between. The other method is wash sabudana, soak in little water for 10 to 15 minutes and then drain out all the water. Leave sabudana for 3 to 4 hours.
- Fry groundnuts. Keep them aside.
- Add lemon juice and sugar to soaked sabudana and mix well.
- Heat ghee and crackle zeera till brown.
- Fry green chillies and ginger.
- Add sabudana and mix carefully so that sabudana is not mashed up.
- Add salt and pre-fried groundnuts.
- Sprinkle little water if sabudana becomes very dry.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Sabudana Kheer (Tapioca Pudding)
- Sabudana Ka Pakoda (Sago Patties)
- Poha (Spicy Flattened Rice)
- Gajar ka Halwa (Carrot Halwa)
- Meetha Pulao (Sweet Pilaf)
You might also like
|Sabudana Kheer (Tapioca Pudding) Sabudana kheer (Tapioca Puddding) is a sweet pudding made up tapioca and milk. It's quick and...||Sabudana Ka Pakoda (Sago Patties) Ingredients: Sabudana (Tapioca or sago), soaked -1/2 cup Potato, boiled and mashed- 1 cup Green...||Poha (Spicy Flattened Rice) Ingredients: Poha (Flattened or beaten rice - 1/2cup Ground nuts (Moongphali) - 1/4 cup Onion...||Spicy Peanuts (Masala Moongphali) Whether you call it moongphali, shengdana, or groundnut or peanut, spicy peanuts are a class in itself....|