Pineapple Halwa (Ananas Ka Halwa)
Semolina (sooji) – 1 cup
Ghee – 3-4 tbsp
Sugar – 3/4
Pineapple (canned or fresh) – 1 -1.5 cup, cubes and juice
Water – 2 cups
Saffron (Kesar) – 1/4 tsp
Green cardamom (chhoti elaichi) – 1/2 tsp
Cashew nut (Kaju) and Raisins (kishmish) – 1/4 cup
- Roast sooji in 1 tbsp of ghee till it is slightly brown.
- Fry kaju and kishmish and keep them aside.
- Warm kesar slightly. Powder it and dissolve it in little water.
- Mix sugar, water, pineapple, green cardamom, 1 tsp of ghee and a pinch of salt in a pan and give it a boil.
- Heat till the sugar syrup is slightly thick.
- Add kesar and lower the flame.
- Add roasted sooji little by little to the sugar syrup and quickly stir to avoid any lumps.
- Add remaining ghee, dry fruits and stir for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with dry fruits.
You might also like