Patta Gobhi Ki Sabji (Cabbage Vegetable)
Patta gobhi ki sabji is very easily made and is part of everyday menu. Serve it with hot chapatis/paranthas.
Cabbage (Patta gobhi/Bund gobhi) – 1 small sized
Green chilies- 2-3 , finely chopped
Grated carrots- ½ Cup
Green peas (Optional) – ½ Cup
Rye seeds – 1 tsps
Coriander powder- 1 tsps
Turmeric powder (Haldi)- 1 tsp
Asafoetida (Heeng)- 1/4 tsp
Garam masala- ½ tsp
Mango powder (Aamchur) – 1½ tsp
Black salt(Kala namak) – 1 tsps
Red chili powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
- Cut the patta gobhi into thin long strips.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Add rye and fry till the seeds stop spluttering. Add heeng.
- Add green chilies, peas and grated carrots and fry well.
- Add cabbage and then turmeric, coriander powder and salt .
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Cover the pan and let it cook till the vegetables are done.
- Open the pan often to stir the vegetable or it will stick to the bottom.
- When the vegetables are done, add garam masala and aamchur and mix well
- Serve hot with chapatis or paranthas.
You might also like
|Bandh Gobhi Pakoda (Cabbage Pakoda) Ingredients: Cabbage (Bandh gobhi or patta gobhi) : 1 cup, finely shredded Onions: ¼ cup, finely...||Vegetable Momos Vegetable Momos are a traditional delicacy in Nepal and Tibet. They are one of the most popular...||Lauki ki Sabji (Opo Squash or Bottle Guard Curry) Bottle gourd or Opo squash or lauki or dudhi is one of the favorite vegetables in Indian cuisine and...||Aloo Gobhi Matar Aloo Gobhi Matar is an north Indian dish made up of potatoes, cauliflower and peas cooked...|