Parwal ki Mithai
Parwal (Pointed Gourd) -10
Khoa – 1/2 cup
Green cardamom (chhoti elaichi) – 1/2 tsp
Saffron (kesar) – Few strands
Sugar – 1.5 cup
Water – 1 cup
Sodium bicarbonate – a pinch
Kewra essence – 1-2 drops
- For stuffing, roast khoa and add green cardamom powder, 1/2 bowl of sugar (or as per taste) and finely chopped pistachios. Roast khoa till it slightly melts.
- Wash and peel all parwals. Make a slit on one side and scoop seeds and pulp out of each parwal.
- Prepare a thin sugar syrup by taking sugar and water in 1:1 ratio. Add 1-2 drops of kewra essence to the sugar syrup.
- Add parwal in boiling water with a pinch of sodium bicarbonate for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add parwals to the sugar syrup and cook till they soften up.
- Stuff the parwals with khoa mix and sprinkle saffron on each parwal.
- You can serve them cold.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Gulab Jamun
- Aaloo Parwal(Pointed Gourd) Bhujia
- Malpua (Indian Pancakes)
- Sooji Laddoo
- Shakkarpare (Khurrma)
You might also like
|Aaloo Parwal(Pointed Gourd) Bhujia Ingredients: Potato - 2 medium in size Parwal (pointed Gourd) - 10-12 Onion- one medium in size Ginger...||Shrikhand Ingredients: Curd (dahi) - 1 cup Sugar as per taste Milk - 1-2 tbsp Saffron (kesar) -1/2 tsp Green...||Kesari Seviyan (Saffron Sweet Vermicelli) Kesari Seviyan (Saffron Sweet Vermicelli) is a seviyan without milk. Kesar adds an amazing appearance...||Malpua (Indian Pancakes) Ingredients: Sooji (Semolina) - ½ cup Maida - 2- 3 tbsps Fennel powder (Saunf) - 2-3 tsps Paneer...|