Paneer (Cottage cheese) – 7-8 thick, long pieces
Gram flour (Besan) – ½ cup
Cornflour – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder (Haldi): ½ tsp
Red chili powder – ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Cumin (Zeera) seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green chilies: 2
Mint leaves (Pudina), finely chopped – 1/4 cup
Chaat masala as per taste
- Cut paneer into thick long pieces.
- Make a smooth and a thick paste of besan, turmeric, red chili powder, cornflour and salt.
- Dip each piece of paneer in besan batter so that it is completely and uniformly coated.
- Deep fry on medium till golden brown.
- For garnishing crackle zeera and fry finely chopped green chilies.
- Finally add finely chopped mint leaves. Add paneer pakoda. Mix well.
- Sprinkle lots of chat masala and mix with paneer pakodas
- Serve hot with tomato sauce
You might also like