Paneer Butter Masala
Paneer butter masala is an extremely rich and mouth-watering Indian dish. It’s one of the most popular main course food items in Indian restaurants, parties and weddings. Now with your little effort your family can enjoy this dish even at home.
Cottage cheese (Paneer)- 200 gm
Cumin seeds (Zeera)- ½ tsp
Onion- one big, finely chopped
Tomato- one big, finely chopped
Ginger paste- 1 tbsp
Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Brown cardamom powder (Badi elaichi) – ¼ tsp
Green cardamom powder (Chhoti elaichi) – ½ tsp
Clove powder- a pinch
Cinnamon powder (Dalchini) – a pinch
Coriander powder- 1½ tsps
Turmeric powder(Haldi)- ½ tsp
Kasoori methi powder – around 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder (Zeera)- 1 tsp
Red chili powder as per taste
Coriander leaves, finely chopped
Cashew nut(Kaju) paste- 2 tbsps
Poppy seeds (Postadana) paste- 1-2 tbsps
Thick fresh cream- 2 tbsps
Milk- ½ cup
Butter for cooking
Salt to taste
- Cut paneer into cubes. Fry them in butter or oil till they are golden. Drain them on an absorbent paper to soak away extra oil. Keep the fried paneer aside.
- Heat butter in your cooking pan.
- Add cumin seeds till they are brown.
- Add finely chopped onions and fry till they turn pink. Little salt can be added to fasten the process.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry till they are golden brown.
- Add finely chopped tomato till they are properly cooked.
- Make a paste of all powdered masalas in water.
- Add paste of all masalas and fry well.
- Add kaju paste, mix well.
- Add postadana paste, mix well.
- Add milk and keep mixing till the whole gravy becomes thick.
- Add pre-fried paneer cubes.
- In the end add thick , well beaten fresh cream and mix properly.
- Garnish the preparation with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with naan or tandoori roti
You might also like