Paneer Bhurji (Scrambled Cottage Cheese)
Cottage cheese (Paneer)- 50 gms
Cashew nuts- 5-6 , broken in halves
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Onion – one medium, chopped in small square pieces
Tomato - one small, finely chopped
Capsicum – one small, chopped in small square pieces
Green chilies – 2-3, finely chopped
Coriander leaves, finely chopped
Turmeric (Haldi) – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala – 2-3 pinches
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Red chili powder as per taste
Cornflour – 1tsp
Salt as per taste
- Sprinkle ½ tsp cornflour uniformly in a bowl. Now grate paneer block in the bowl. Try to make thick gratings. Add remaining cornflour and mix well. Cornflour prevents sticking of paneer gratings from each other while frying.
- Fry grated paneer to get a slight brown color. While frying take care that you don’t mash up the paneer. Keep the fried paneer aside.
- Fry cashew nuts till they are slightly brown. Keep them aside.
- Fry chopped onions and capsicum till they are soft. Keep them aside.
- Fry green chillies for a minute.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry well.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes till they are completely soften up.
- Add garam masala powder, coriander powder, zeera powder, haldi, red chili powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now add fried onions, capsicum and paneer. Mix everything properly.
- Garnish paneer bhurji with fried cashew nuts chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with parathas.
You can also enjoy spicy paneer bhurji as stuffing for sandwiches.
You might also like
|Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Sandwich Ingredients: Cottage cheese (Paneer)- ½ cup, grated Bread slices - 4 Black pepper powder...||Paneer Korma (Cottage Cheese Curry) Korma is a part of Mughlai cusine. Both vegetarian and non vegetarian korma exist. For vegetarians,...||Paneer Paratha (Cottage Cheese Paratha) Ingredients: For dough Whole wheat flour (Atta): 1 cup Salt to taste Cooking oil For stuffing: Cottage...||Saunfia Paneer Tikka (Spicy Cheese Bites) Ingredients: Cottage cheese (Paneer)- 50 gm, cut into small cubes Thick curd (remove maximum...|