Palak Poori (Fried Spinach Indian Bread)
Whole wheat flour (Atta): 1 cup
Spinach (Palak): 1 cup, coarsely chopped
Mangrail or kalonji (Nigella): ½ tsp
Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp
Cooking oil : 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Cut palak coarsely and steam it to soften them so that they are easily mashed up.
- Make stiff dough out of wheat flour, 1tbsp ghee, salt, steamed palak, red chili powder, kalonji and lukewarm water (If needed).
- Take a small ball of dough and roll it into a small chapatti.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and slide each poori in the oil.
- Fry till poori puffs up and become slightly brown and crispy from both sides.
- Serve hot with some spicy curry.
You might also like