Nimona or Godila (Pea Paste Curry)
Green peas (Matar) – 250 gm
Bay leaves (Tejpatta) – 3-4, small
Heeng (Asfoetida) – two pinches
Onion- one medium, finely chopped
Dry red chili – 1-2
Ginger paste- 2 tbsps
Garlic paste- 2 tbsps
Green chillies – 3-4
Brown cardamom powder (Badi elaichi) - ¼ tsp
Clove powder- a pinch
Cinnamon powder (Dalchini) – two pinches
Roast cumin seeds (Zeera) and grind into a fine powder – 1 tsp
Roast coriander seeds (Dhania) and grind into a fine powder – 1 tsp
Red chili powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Splutter zeera and then add heeng.
- Fry green peas till they are fully cooked.
- Grind fried peas (more than half of the total) with green chillies in a grinder. Keep rest of the fried peas aside
- Heat oil in a pan, fry bay leaves and dry red chillies.
- Saute chopped onions till golden. Add salt to fasten the process
- Fry ginger- garlic paste till golden brown.
- Add all powdered dry masalas.
- Add grounded peas paste and add some water for gravy.
- Add the remaining fried peas.
- Simmer the curry for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy this curry with steamed rice and aloo bhujia.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Matar Paneer (Peas and Cheese Curry)
- Kala Chana Masala /Ghugni (Black Chickpeas Curry)
- Lauki Kofta Curry
- Palak Paneer (Cheese-Spinach Curry)
- Aloo Warrian Curry (Potato and Wadi Curry)
You might also like
|Matar Paneer (Peas and Cheese Curry) Ingredients: Cottage cheese (Paneer)- 200 gm Ginger paste – 2 tbsps Garlic paste –...||Aloo Gobhi Matar Aloo Gobhi Matar is an north Indian dish made up of potatoes, cauliflower and peas cooked...||Samosa Chaat Ingredients: Samosas: 3-6 White matar (Dry white peas) : 3/4 cup, boiled Finely chopped onion...||Rajma (Red Kidney Beans Curry) Ingredients: Rajma (Red kidney beans) - 1cup Bay leaves (Tejpatta) – 3-4, small Tomato- one...|