Nimona or Godila (Pea Paste Curry)
Green peas (Matar) – 250 gm
Bay leaves (Tejpatta) – 3-4, small
Heeng (Asfoetida) – two pinches
Onion- one medium, finely chopped
Dry red chili – 1-2
Ginger paste- 2 tbsps
Garlic paste- 2 tbsps
Green chillies – 3-4
Brown cardamom powder (Badi elaichi) – ¼ tsp
Clove powder- a pinch
Cinnamon powder (Dalchini) – two pinches
Roast cumin seeds (Zeera) and grind into a fine powder – 1 tsp
Roast coriander seeds (Dhania) and grind into a fine powder – 1 tsp
Red chili powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Splutter zeera and then add heeng.
- Fry green peas till they are fully cooked.
- Grind fried peas (more than half of the total) with green chillies in a grinder. Keep rest of the fried peas aside
- Heat oil in a pan, fry bay leaves and dry red chillies.
- Saute chopped onions till golden. Add salt to fasten the process
- Fry ginger- garlic paste till golden brown.
- Add all powdered dry masalas.
- Add grounded peas paste and add some water for gravy.
- Add the remaining fried peas.
- Simmer the curry for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy this curry with steamed rice and aloo bhujia.
You might also like