Moong Dal Paratha
For the dough
Whole wheat flour (Atta): 3 cups
Oil for making parathas
Mung bean (Yellow moong dal) – ½ cup
Roast cumin seeds (Zeera) and grind into a fine powder – 2 tsp
Roast coriander seeds (Dhania) and grind into a fine powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder (Haldi) – ½ tsp
Asafoetida (Heeng) – ½ tsp
Mango powder (Aamchur) – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1-2 tsp
Clove powder (Laung) – ½ tsp
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Powdered fennel seeds (saunf) – 1 tsp
Brown cardamom powder (Badi elaichi) – ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Put dal in water and heat till it starts boiling. After one boil , turn off the flame. Close the lid for 15 -20 seconds.
- Blend dal into grainy batter.
- Add all the ingredients except mango powder (mentioned under stuffing section) in the batter and mix well.
- Heat some oil in kadai.
- Add dal batter and keep stirring till it dries up.
- Add mango powder and mix well.
- Let it cool down at room temperature.
- Make dough out of wheat flour, 1tbsp ghee, salt and lukewarm water.
- Make dough half an hour before and cover with a moist cloth.
- Take a small ball of dough and make it in the shape of a small chapati.
- Add the stuffing in the centre and wrap it and press it.
- Then roll it into a paratha.
- Cook them on tawa by applying ghee until both sides are evenly brown.
- Serve hot with curd or any chutney.
You might also like