Mooli Paratha (Radish Bread)
Radish (Mooli) – 1 cup
Green chilies – 2-3
Coriander leaves – 2-3 tbsp
Cumin seeds (Zeera) – ½ tsp
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric (Haldi) – a pinch (optional ingredient)
Red chilli powder to taste
Whole wheat flour (Atta): 3 cups
- Grate mooli. Sprinkle salt . Leave for 10 minutes and squeeze excess water. Store this radish water for kneading dough.
- Heat some oil in kadai.
- Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add finely chopped green chillies.
- Add ginger paste and fry till brown.
- Add grated mooli and fry till no water is left in mooli.
- Add red chili and salt.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Let the stuffing cool down at room temperature.
- Make dough out of wheat flour, 1tbsp ghee, salt and mooli water.
- Make dough 30 minutes before and cover with a moist cloth.
- Take a small ball of dough and make it in the shape of a small chapati.
- Add the stuffing in the centre and wrap it and press it.
- Then roll it into a paratha.
- Cook them on tawa by applying oil until both sides are evenly brown.
- Serve hot with curd or any chutney.
Note : The other way of preparing stuffing for mooli paratha can be by mixing all the ingredients of stuffing and not frying it further.
Serves/makes : 2-3
You might also like