Whole wheat flour (Atta): 1 cup
Gram flour (Besan) : 3 tbsps
Fresh chopped methi or Kasuri Methi (These are dried methi/fenugreek leaves available in Indian Grocery stores : ½ cup
Curd : ½ cup
Ajwain seeds (Carom seeds) or cumin seeds (Zeera) : ½ tsp
Green chilies : 2-3, finely chopped
Ginger paste : 1 tsp
Garlic paste : 1 tsp
Red chili powder as per taste
Asafoetida (Heeng) – 3-4 pinches
Garam masala – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder (Haldi) – ½ tsp
Salt as per taste
- Mix well all the ingredients in a bowl along with ½ tsp of oil.
- Knead it into a soft dough with the help of lukewarm water.
- After 20 minutes pinch a lemon size ball of dough and roll it into paratha.
- You might not get a perfect round shape thepla with this soft dough.
- Cook theplas on tawa by applying oil until both sides of thepla are evenly brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with curd or any chutney.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Aloo Methi Sabji (Potatoes with Fenugreek leaves)
- Paneer Kasoori Methi
- Pyaz Ka Paratha (Onion Paratha)
You might also like
|Aloo Methi Sabji (Potatoes with Fenugreek leaves) Aloo Methi sabji is simple yet delicious. People love the distinguishing flavor of fenugreek...||Atta Ka Halwa (Wheat Flour Halwa) Ingredients: Wheat flour (Atta) – ½ cup Ghee – 2 tbsps Sugar – ½ cup Water –...||Palak Paneer (Cheese-Spinach Curry) Ingredients: Spinach (Palak) - 250 gm, finely chopped Cottage cheese (Paneer)- 200 gm Cumin...||Kadhi Ingredients: For Pakodas: Gram flour (Besan) - 1 cup Onion, chopped - 3-4 tbsp Cumin...|