Whole wheat flour (Atta): 1 cup
Gram flour (Besan) : 3 tbsps
Fresh chopped methi or Kasuri Methi (These are dried methi/fenugreek leaves available in Indian Grocery stores : ½ cup
Curd : ½ cup
Ajwain seeds (Carom seeds) or cumin seeds (Zeera) : ½ tsp
Green chilies : 2-3, finely chopped
Ginger paste : 1 tsp
Garlic paste : 1 tsp
Red chili powder as per taste
Asafoetida (Heeng) – 3-4 pinches
Garam masala – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder (Haldi) – ½ tsp
Salt as per taste
- Mix well all the ingredients in a bowl along with ½ tsp of oil.
- Knead it into a soft dough with the help of lukewarm water.
- After 20 minutes pinch a lemon size ball of dough and roll it into paratha.
- You might not get a perfect round shape thepla with this soft dough.
- Cook theplas on tawa by applying oil until both sides of thepla are evenly brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with curd or any chutney.
You might also like