Malpua (Indian Pancakes)
Sooji (Semolina) – ½ cup
Maida – 2- 3 tbsps
Fennel powder (Saunf) – 2-3 tsps
Paneer (optional) – ¼ cup
Khoa (optional) – 3-4 tbsp
Chopped dry coconut 1-2 tsps
Raisins (Kishmish) – 2-3 tsps
Baking powder – a pinch
Salt – a pinch
Milk or condensed milk – enough for making thick batter
Green cardamom (Chhoti elaichi) powder- 1 tsp
Saffron (Kesar) – few strands
Sugar – 2 cups
Water – 1 cup
Sliced pista and almonds
Ghee for frying
- Boil water and add sugar, green cardomom’s powder and saffron strands. Boil till sugar completely dissolves and syrup thickens to a single thread consistency. Keep the sugar syrup aside.
- Take sooji in a bowl and add warm water enough to soak sooji completely and leave for 30-45 minutes. Then drain excess water. Whisk the batter.
- Now add maida, salt, milk, saunf, crumbled paneer, khoa, sliced coconut and raisins and beat vigorously for smooth batter. Leave the batter for 4-5 hour.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai.
- Before frying malpua add a pinch of baking powder and adjust the consistency of the batter with help of milk. If batter is too thin then the malpua will flatten.
- Take a small ladle full of prepared pua batter and pour into medium hot ghee.
Deep fry till pua turn golden brown on both sides and remove onto absorbent paper.Repeat the same with remaining batter.
- Now before serving dip the puas in sugar syrup for few minutes and garnish with sliced almonds and pista.
Serves/Makes – 3-4
You might want to try Banana Malpua.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Kela Malpua (Indian Banana Pancake)
- Besan and Sooji Halwa (Gram flour and Semolina Halwa)
- Sooji Halwa (Semolina Pudding)
You might also like
|Kela Malpua (Indian Banana Pancake) Ingredients: Maida – ½ cup Banana (kela) - 1 big, mashed well Sooji (Semolina) – 3-4 tbsps Fennel...||Stuffed Sooji (Semolina) Balls Ingredients: Semolina (Sooji) - 1 cup Sugar - ½ cup Khoa (condensed milk solid) - 1 cup Grated...||Sooji Halwa (Semolina Pudding) Sooji Halwa is a very popular Indian dessert. It is rich in ghee and is garnished with dry fruits. This...||Paneer Onion Kulcha Ingredients: For Dough All purpose flour (Maida) - 2 cups Baking powder - 1/2 tsp Sugar - 1/2 tbsp Curd...|