For Koftas :
Cottage cheese (Paneer)- ½ cup, grated
Potatoes: ½ cup, boiled and mashed
Carrot– one small, finely chopped
Peas – ¼ cup
Black pepper(kali mirch) – ½ tsp
Cashew nuts – 5-6, broken and roasted
Roasted cumin powder- 1 tsp
Roasted coriander powder- 1 tsp
Green chilies- 3-4
Red chili powder as per taste
Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
Cornflour enough for rolling all kofta balls before frying
Ginger paste – 1-2 tbsps
Garlic paste – 1-2 tbsps
Onion : one medium, finely chopped
Tomato : one medium, finely chopped
Cumin seeds (Zeera): ½ tsp
Turmeric(Haldi)- 1 tsp
Coriander leaves , finely chopped
Coriander powder (Dhania)- 1- 1.5 tsp
Garam masala -2-3 pinches
Cream or malai- ½ cup
- Half boil chopped carrots and peas.
- Take boiled vegetables in a muslin cloth and squeeze all water out. If water will not be removed properly then koftas might break while frying.
- Mash peas coarsely.
- In a bowl mix well grated paneer, mashed potatoes, boiled vegetables (carrots and coarsely mashed peas), black pepper, broken and roasted cashew nuts, roasted cumin powder, roasted coriander powder, green chilies, red chilli powder, finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and salt.
- Make balls of the mix and roll each ball properly on cornflour to remove every bit of moisture.
- Deep fry them till light brown.
- For gravy fry chopped onions till they are pink.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry till it is brown.
- Add tomatoes cook them well.
- Add zeera powder, haldi and dhania powder.
- Turn off the flame, cool the mixture and blend it to get a creamy gravy.
- Heat oil in kadhai, splutter zeera.
- Add blended mixture.
- Add water depending on the consistency of the gravy you wish.
- Give gravy a good boil.
- Add cream and garam masala in the end.
- Turn off the flame and then add koftas in it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Those who are diet conscious may replace cream (malai) with milk
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Chana Dal Kofta (Bengal Gram Kofta)
- Lauki Kofta Curry
- Paneer Korma (Cottage Cheese Curry)
- Aloo Gobhi Matar
- Matar Paneer (Peas and Cheese Curry)
You might also like
|Cheesy Potato Balls Ingredients: Potato, peeled and grated: ½ cup Cottage cheese (Paneer), grated : 3∕4 cup Black...||Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Sandwich Ingredients: Cottage cheese (Paneer)- ½ cup, grated Bread slices - 4 Black pepper powder...||Chana Dal Kofta (Bengal Gram Kofta) Chana Dal Kofta (Bengal Gram Kofta) is prepared by dipping chana dal pakodas in a spicy gravy. It can...||Paneer Bhurji (Scrambled Cottage Cheese) Ingredients: Cottage cheese (Paneer)- 50 gms Cashew nuts- 5-6 , broken in halves Ginger...|