Lemon Rice is a specialty of South India.It is quickly prepared with left over rice and is full of flavor. You can have this with raita or sambar
Cooked rice : 2 cup
Cashew nuts(kaju) : 6-7
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric(Haldi): ¼ tsp
Asafoetida (Heeng) - two pinches
Curry leaves (Kadi patta) – 5-6
Mustard seeds (Rai) – 1tsp
Whole dry red chilli – 2-3
Channa dal (Bengal gram) : 1 tbsp
Urad dal – ½ tsp
Green chilies : 3-4, cut length wise
Lemon – 1 big
Salt to taste
- Heat 3-4 tsp of oil in kadhai. Keep the flame low throughout the preparation.
- Add mustard seeds and let it crackle completely.
- Add whole dry red chilli.
- Add channa dal and fry for a minute.
- Add cashew nuts and brown them.
- Add urad dal.
- Add green chillies and ginger paste.
- Add turmeric, salt and heeng.
- Add curry leaves and fry them properly.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Now add cooked rice and mix carefully so that rice don’t break. Avoid using freshly cooked rice as hot rice may get mashed up while mixing. Try to use left over rice from the fridge.
- Serve with curd or rasam or sambar.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Curd Rice
- Poha (Spicy Flattened Rice)
- Zeera Rice
- Hyderabadi Zafrani Pulav (Saffron Rice)
- Kheer (Rice Pudding)
You might also like
|Curd Rice Curd Rice or yogurt rice is prepared by mixing rice and salted curd. Curd rice is accompanied...||Bhelpuri Ingredients: Puffed rice - 2 bowls Handful of chana jor garam Lemon juice as per taste Onions,...||Poha (Spicy Flattened Rice) Ingredients: Poha (Flattened or beaten rice - 1/2cup Ground nuts (Moongphali) - 1/4 cup Onion...||Zeera Rice Ingredients: Rice – ½ cup Cumin seeds (Zeera) – 1 tsp Green chillies - 2, finely chopped Water...|