Kheera (Cucumber) Raita
Kheera raita is an easy to prepare yet delicious side dish. Well made raitas in my opinion accentuate the taste of main course.
Kheera (cucumber): ½ cup, scraped off and grated
Curd / Yogurt: 1 cup
Roasted cumin powder : ½-1 tsp
Green chilies: 1 finely cut (optional)
Ginger: few chunks, cut in to very small pieces
Black salt as per taste
Salt to taste
- Add cucumber to well beaten curd. Don’t beat the curd too much, just enough to make sure it has a uniform consistency, add water if the curd is too thick, usually that is not needed.
- Add roasted cumin power, black salt and regular salt and mix it properly, adjust the quantity as per your taste. It should have a mildly sour taste, add more black salt if that is not the case.
- Add green chilies and ginger, this spices up the raita a bit, if you prefer it to have a mild taste then don’t add them.
- You may choose to add some finely cut cilantro (dhania) leaves.
- Serve slightly chilled.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Lauki Raita (Bottle Guard or Opo Squash Raita)
- Pineapple / Ananash Raita
- Boondi Raita
- Mooli Raita (Radish Dip)
- Pudina Raita (Mint Dip)
You might also like
|Lauki Raita (Bottle Guard or Opo Squash Raita) Raitas are always very easy to prepare and serve very well as a side dishes. Ingredients: ...||Pineapple / Ananash Raita Among all raitas, pineapple raita happens to be my favorite, primarily because of its distinct sweet...||Vegetable Biryani Ingredients: Rice - 1 cup Onion - Two medium, finely cut length wise Tomatoes - 2 medium in...||Boondi Raita Ingredients: Gram flour (Besan) – 3/4 cup Red chili powder – ½ tsp Turmeric (Haldi) –...|