Kheer (Rice Pudding)
Milk – 3-4 cups
Rice – ½ cup
Sugar as per taste
Raisins (Kishmish)- 1-2 tsp
Almonds (Badaam) – 5-6, sliced
Dry coconut powder – 2-3 tbsp
Saffron(optional) – 6-8 strands
Condensed milk (optional) – ½ cup
- Wash rice and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Crush rice on some hard surface (This step is optional).
- Heat some ghee.
- Add rice and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk.
- Add saffron strands.
- Cook till rice is soft and kheer properly thickens.
- Stir continuously to prevent sticking of rice at the bottom of the pan.
- Add sugar as per taste.
- Add condensed milk.
- Garnish with dry fruits of your choice.
- Serve hot or cold
Serves/makes : 2-3
You might also like