Kesari Seviyan (Saffron Sweet Vermicelli)
Kesari Seviyan (Saffron Sweet Vermicelli) is a seviyan without milk. Kesar adds an amazing appearance and flavor and makes it very different from the regular seviyan . It tastes even better when topped with khoa.
Vermicelli Noodles (Seviyan), preferably thin ones – 3/4 Cup
Water– 1 Cup
Sugar – around 1/2 cup or adjust according to your taste
Green cardamom powder (Chhoti elaichi) – ½ tsp
Raisins (Kishmish), Almonds, Pistachio (Pista) and cashew nuts for garnishing
Khoya – 1/4 cup (optional)
Saffron (Kesar) – 1/4 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Soak kesar in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Break seviyan.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai. Add seviyan and fry until it is slight brown. Constantly stir it to ensure even browning.
- Add water and kesar kept aside. Stir for few minutes.
- Add sugar, green cardamom powder and resins.
- Lower the flame and cook till seviyan become soft and water is completely absorbed.
- Garnish with sliced almonds,cashew nuts, pista and khoya.
You might want to try Seviyan made up of milk.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Seviyan (Sweet Vermicelli)
- Seviyan Upma (Spicy Vermicelli)
- Hyderabadi Zafrani Pulav (Saffron Rice)
- Pineapple Halwa (Ananas Ka Halwa)
You might also like
|Seviyan (Sweet Vermicelli) Ingredients: Vermicelli Noodles (Seviyan) - ½ Cup Milk - 3 Cups Sugar as per taste Green...||Seviyan Upma (Spicy Vermicelli) Ingredients: Seviyan (Vermicelli noodles), thick ones - 1 cup Water - 2 cup Cashew nuts (kaju) :...||Pudina Kabab (Mint Kabob) Ingredients: Potato : 1, big in size Bread slices : 2-3 Sooji (Semolina) - 3tbsp Pudina (Mint)...||Sabudana Kheer (Tapioca Pudding) Sabudana kheer (Tapioca Puddding) is a sweet pudding made up tapioca and milk. It's quick and...|