Karela Fry (Bhujia)
Karela (Bitterguard) – 4 big in size
Onion- one small,cut lengthwise
Turmeric (Haldi) – ½ tsp
Garam masala- – 2-3 pinches
Coriander powder (dhania) – 1 tsp
Black Salt – 2-3 pinches
Mango (Amchur) powder /khatai – ½ tsp
Salt to taste
- Wash karela and roughly scrap off the skin and cut them thinly. Some people prefer keeping the skin so they may skip scraping off the skin.
- Fry onions and keep aside.
- Dip karela into hot water containing salt and haldi for 10 -15 mintes to remove bitterness.
- Remove karela from water and keep it aside.
- Fry karela in hot oil till they are slightly crispy.
- Add all the spices, pre fried onions and mix well.
- Serve with rice and dal.
You might also like
|Bharwa Karela (Stuffed Bitter Guard) Ingredients: Bitter guards- 2 big Onion- one big, very finely chopped or paste Garlic...||Aaloo Parwal(Pointed Gourd) Bhujia Ingredients: Potato - 2 medium in size Parwal (pointed Gourd) - 10-12 Onion- one medium in size Ginger...||Spring Onion Pakoda / Bhajji (Kachri) Ingredients: Gram flour (Besan): 4-5 tbsps Spring onions: 1 cup, finely cut length wise Red...||Besan Bhindi Fry (Fried Okra with Gram Flour) Ingredients: Bhindi (okara/Lady's Finger) - 20, medium or small sized Onion - 1, medium sized...|