Karela Fry (Bhujia)
Karela (Bitterguard) – 4 big in size
Onion- one small,cut lengthwise
Turmeric (Haldi) – ½ tsp
Garam masala- – 2-3 pinches
Coriander powder (dhania) – 1 tsp
Black Salt – 2-3 pinches
Mango (Amchur) powder /khatai – ½ tsp
Salt to taste
- Wash karela and roughly scrap off the skin and cut them thinly. Some people prefer keeping the skin so they may skip scraping off the skin.
- Fry onions and keep aside.
- Dip karela into hot water containing salt and haldi for 10 -15 mintes to remove bitterness.
- Remove karela from water and keep it aside.
- Fry karela in hot oil till they are slightly crispy.
- Add all the spices, pre fried onions and mix well.
- Serve with rice and dal.
You might also like