Kala Chana Kabab (Black Chick Peas Kabobs)
Black chick pea (Kala chana) – 3/4 cup, boiled
Chana dal (Bengal Gram) – 1/4 cup, boiled
Potatoes – 1/4 cup, boiled and mashed (optional)
Onion- one medium, finely chopped
Ginger paste- 1-1.5 tbsps
Garlic paste- 1- 1.5 tbsps
Green chillies – 3-4,, chopped finely
Roast cumin seeds (Zeera) grounded into a fine powder – ½ tsp
Roast coriander seeds (Dhania) and grounded into fine powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder(Haldi)- ½ tsp
Red chili powder as per taste
Chat masala – 1 tsp approx.
Garam masala – 2-3 pinches
Coriander leaves, finely chopped – 1/4 cup
Mint leaves (Pudina) – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
- Soak kala chana in water overnight.
- Pressure cook chana with salt and enough water until soft. Corsely mash and keep aside.
- Boil soaked chana dal, mash and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and saute chopped onions till translucent.
- Add green chillies.
- Add ginger- garlic paste till golden brown.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Add zeera powder coriander powder, turmeric,red chili powder, garam masala, chat masala and salt.
- Add mashed kala chana and chana dal. Mix well.
- Cool the mixture at room temperature.
- Add either cornflour or maida or moist and mashed bread slices, mix and form kababs of desired shape.
- Deep fry in hot oil till both sides are golden brown.
- Sprinkle some chat masala over kababs and serve them with some chutney and onion rings.
You might also like
|Kala Chana Masala /Ghugni (Black Chickpeas Curry) Kala Chana Masala or Ghugni is another popular Punjabi dish. Its an excellent source of protein and...||Chana Dal Pakoda (Bengal Gram Lentil Pakodas) Ingredients: Chana dal (Split Bengal gram) - ¼ Cup Onions: ¼ cup, finely chopped Green chilies:...||Lauki Chana (Bottle Guard or Opo Squash with Bengal Gram Lentils) Ingredients: Lauki (Bottle Guard or Opo Squash): one medium sized, cut into small cubes Chana dal...||Chana Dal Kofta (Bengal Gram Kofta) Chana Dal Kofta (Bengal Gram Kofta) is prepared by dipping chana dal pakodas in a spicy gravy. It can...|