Idli (Steamed Rice and Lentils Cake)
Idli-sambar is one of the most loved South Indian breakfast dish. You can break the norm and have them at any time you see fit. Very easy to cook and healthy to eat and also goes well with podi (spicy powder) if you don’t have sambar available.
Rice – 1cup
Black gram lentil (Urad dal without skin)- ½ Cup
- Rinse and soak rice and urad dal separately for 6-7 hours.
- Blend soaked urad dal and rice separately to get smooth homogenous batter. Batter should not be too watery nor too thick.Consistency should be like tomato sauce.
- Mix both the batters and add little salt.
- Ferment the batter for at least a day.
- Grease the idli plates with oil evenly.
- Pour idli batter (dont mix the fermented batter) into the idli plates.
- Take little water in a pressure cooker. Place idli plates inside the pressure cooker. Remove the whistle. Cover the lid of cooker. Steam idlis at high temperature for 7- 8 minutes.
- When idlis are ready, remove them from the plates carefully with help of spoon or knife.
- Serve hot with sambar and coconut chutney.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
You might also like
|Lemon Rice Lemon Rice is a specialty of South India.It is quickly prepared with left over rice and is full...||Sambar Sambar is practically the heart of the South Indian cuisine. Merely the thought of it gets you drooling....||Bread Dosa Ingredients: Bread slices - 10 slices Semolina (sooji) - 1/2 cup Rice flour - 1 tbsp Curd (thick)...||Curd Rice Curd Rice or yogurt rice is prepared by mixing rice and salted curd. Curd rice is accompanied...|