Hyderabadi Achari Baigan (Spicy Picklish Eggplant)
Hyderabadi Achari Baigan is a super yummy dish. The key ingredients of this preparation are an Achar which makes this dish so delicious and the curd which gives it a thick and creamy gravy.
Baigan or brinjal or eggplant: 1 cup, chopped in square pieces
Onions: one medium sized, finely chopped
Green chilies: 1-2, finely chopped
Ginger paste: 1 tbsp
Garlic paste: 1 tbsp
Red chilli achar (pickle) masala: 1 tsp
Curd: 1 cup
Tomatoes: one small, finely chopped
Turmeric powder (Haldi): ½ tsp
Coriander powder(dhania): ½ tsp
Salt as per taste
- Cut brinjal into small square pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and fry brinjal pieces. Keep the fried brinjal aside.
- Marinate the fried brinjal pieces in curd mixed with aachar masala for 10 minutes.
- Heat little oil in kadhai.
- Add green chilies and chopped onions. Fry onions till they turn brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Fry till golden brown.
- Add haldi, dhania powder and salt.
- Add chopped tomato and cook till they completely softens up.
- Now add marinated brinjal. Curd may leave some water but keep stiring till all the water evaporates.
- Garnish with lots of chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with paratha.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Aloo – Baigan Ka Bharta (Spicy Mashed Brinjal and Potatoes)
- Baigan Ka Bharta (Spicy Mashed Brinjal)
- Dry Baingan Aloo Ki Sabji (Dry Eggplant With Potatoes)
- Baigan Wadi (Brinjal Warrian)
- Bharwa Baingan (Stuffed Eggplant / Brinjal)
You might also like
|Baigan Ka Bharta (Spicy Mashed Brinjal) Ingredients: Baigan or brinjal or eggplant: one medium Onions - 2 medium, finely chopped Tomato...||Aloo – Baigan Ka Bharta (Spicy Mashed Brinjal and Potatoes) Aloo - baigan ka bharta is a mouth watering side dish which is relished in Bihar along-side authentic...||Bharwa Baingan (Stuffed Eggplant / Brinjal) Bharwa Baingan is one of my favorite baingan (eggplant) dishes. It is fast and easy to cook and tastes...||Baigan Wadi (Brinjal Warrian) Ingredients: Baingan (Eggplant / Brinjal) – 200 gm, cut into small pieces Ginger paste- 2 tbsps Garlic...|