Green Moong Dal Cheela (Mung Bean’s Pancake)
Mung bean (Green moong dal) – ½ cup
Sooji or rice flour – 1-2 tbsp (optional)
Cumin seeds (Zeera) – 1/2 tsp
Onions – 1 medium in size, finely chopped
Turmeric – a pinch
Green chilies- 2-3, finely chopped
Ginger paste – ½ -1 tbsp
Coriander leaves, finely chopped- 1/4 cup
Red chili powder as per taste
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
- Soak green moong dal for 4-6 hours.
- Blend moong dal using water into a fine and smooth batter.
- Add the remaining ingredients; zeera, onions, green chilies, ginger paste, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander leaves and salt. Mix well.
- Heat a non stick tawa. Add a spoon of oil and spread it evenly.
- After oil is hot, reduce the flame and pour some batter on tawa and spread it evenly in a round shape.
- When one side of cheela is cooked, grease the other side of the cheela with some oil and flip it.
- Cheela gets ready when both sides of it are cooked, brownish and crispy.
- Serve hot with a spicy chutney.
You might also like