Gajar ka Halwa (Carrot Halwa)
Carrots (Gajar) – 250 gm
Milk – 1 liter
Green cardamom powder (chhoti elaichi) – 2-3 pinches
Sugar – 6 tbsps or as per taste
Dry fruits of your choice
- Peel, wash and grate carrots.
- Boil milk until it is reduced to half of its volume. Add grated carrots into the milk.
- Stir in between to ensure that milk does not stick in the bottom or on the sides of the vessel.
- Add sugar and cook halwa till sugar has dissolved and all milk has been absorbed by carrots.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan and stir fry halwa till it leaves the sides of pan.
- Add green cardamom powder and garnish halwa with dry fruits.
You might also like