Dry Moong Dal
Dry Moong Dal taste very different from the dal cooked in traditional style. It can be a tasty alternative for those who does not like plain moong dal. It is rich in protein and easily digested by people of all age. It can be served with chapatis or paratha as well.
Mung bean (yellow moong dal),soaked overnight : 1 cup
Cumin seeds (Zeera): 1 tsp
Onion: one medium, finely chopped
Green chilies: 3-4, finely chopped
Tomato: one small, finely diced
Ginger paste: 1 tbsp
Garlic paste: 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder (Haldi): 1 tsp
Garam masala: 1-2 pinches
Asfoetida (Heeng): a pinch
Coriander leaves finely chopped
Salt to taste
Ghee for cooking
Lemon juice as per taste
- Wash and soak dal in water overnight or for 7 to 8 hours.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and splutter zeera seeds.
- Fry finely chopped green chilies and onions.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Add haldi powder, garam masala, heeng and salt. Mix well.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook them until softened.
- Now add soaked moong dal and sauté it well for at least five minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water and cover the kadhai and let the dal cook.
- If needed add more water and stir in between till moong dal softens up.
- Once the dal softens up, dry away the remaining water and add lemon juice.
- Serve the preparation with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and little ghee.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Moong Dal Pakoda (Yellow Moong Lentil Fritters)
- Moong Dal Dahi Vada (Bhalla)
- Moong Sarson Bhaji
- Green Moong Daal Vada
- Moong Dal Paratha
You might also like
|Moong Dal Dahi Vada (Bhalla) Dahi vadas or dahi bhallas are usually made of Urad dal, but they equally taste good when made...||Moong Dal Pakoda (Yellow Moong Lentil Fritters) Ingredients: Yellow moong dal - 1/2 cup Onions, finely chopped - 1/2 cup Green chili and ginger...||Moong Sarson Bhaji Ingredients: Sarson saag (Mustard leaves) - 250 gm Yellow moong dal (golden gram) - 100...||Green Moong Daal Vada Ingredients: Mung bean (Green moong dal) – ½ cup Sooji - 1 tbsp (optional) Cumin seeds...|