Dry Baingan Aloo Ki Sabji (Dry Eggplant With Potatoes)
This is one of the simple preparation of brinjal or eggplant. The use of panch phoran in this recipe adds a distinct flavor to it. Eggplant is great for weight watchers.
The health benefits of eggplant or brinjal are:
- Aids in getting rid of flatulence.
- Aids in getting rid of insomnia.
- Antioxidant property of brinjal helps to fight cancer
- Lowers the cholesterol level.
- Lower sugar levels.
Potato : Two medium in size, peeled and cut into small pieces
Baingan or brinjal or eggplant: 1 cup, chopped in square pieces
Panch phoran (It is a mixture of methi, ajwain, saunf, sarson, and mangrail available in the Indian stores) – ¼ tsp
Ginger paste: 1 ½tbsp
Garlic paste: 1½ tbsp
Turmeric powder (Haldi): ½ tsp
Coriander powder(dhania): ½ tsp
Garam masala : ¼ tsp
Red chili powder to taste
Cumin powder : ½ tsp
Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Add panch phoran and when it becomes brown add pieces of potato and brinjal. Fry them till they are fully cooked. You can cover kadhai to fasten cooking, but keep stirring in between. Keep the fried vegetables aside.
- Again heat some oil in kadhai.
- Add ginger – garlic paste and fry till it turns brown.
- Add masalas like; coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Fry for a minute.
- Add fried vegetables kept aside and mix well.
- Sprinkle garam masala and roasted zeera powder and mix well.
- Garnish the sabji with chopped coriander leaves and serve with either roti or paratha or dal-rice.
You might also like