Dahi Bhindi (Fried Okra/Lady’s Finger in Curd Gravy)
Bhindi (okara/ladyfinger) : 250 gm
Cumin seeds (Zeera) – 1/2 tsp
Curd – 3-4 tbsps
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Onion : one small, finely cut length wise
Garam masala-¼ tsp
Coriander powder- 1/2 tsps
Turmeric powder(Haldi) – ¼ tsp
Red chili powder to taste
Asafoetida (Heeng)- a pinch
Salt to taste
- Wash and dry bhindi properly otherwise it would become sticky while frying.
- Cut bhindi either length wise or into small pieces.
- Heat enough oil in pan and splutter zeera.
- Deep fry bhindi and keep them aside on a paper towel to soak away extra oil.
- Fry some sliced onions and ginger paste.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, heeng and salt.
- Add curd. The moment you will add curd it will start leaving water. Evaporate the water keeping the heat on medium. When half of the water is evaporated, stir continuously to get a thick grainy gravy.
- Add fried bhindi and garam masala to gravy and give it a good mix.
- You can enjoy dahi bhindi as a side dish. Taste great with plane paratha.
You might also like
|Masala Bhindi (Spicy Lady’s Finger/Okra Fry) Ingredients: Bhindi (okara/Lady's Finger) Cumin seeds (Zeera) – 1/2 tsp Bharwa masala...||Besan Bhindi Fry (Fried Okra with Gram Flour) Ingredients: Bhindi (okara/Lady's Finger) - 20, medium or small sized Onion - 1, medium sized...||Dahi Vada (Dahi Bhalla) Dahi Vada is a mouth watering snack/side dish which is a must cook on festive occasions especially...||Shrikhand Ingredients: Curd (dahi) - 1 cup Sugar as per taste Milk - 1-2 tbsp Saffron (kesar) -1/2 tsp Green...|