Dahi Bhindi (Fried Okra/Lady’s Finger in Curd Gravy)
Bhindi (okara/ladyfinger) : 250 gm
Cumin seeds (Zeera) – 1/2 tsp
Curd – 3-4 tbsps
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Onion : one small, finely cut length wise
Garam masala-¼ tsp
Coriander powder- 1/2 tsps
Turmeric powder(Haldi) – ¼ tsp
Red chili powder to taste
Asafoetida (Heeng)- a pinch
Salt to taste
- Wash and dry bhindi properly otherwise it would become sticky while frying.
- Cut bhindi either length wise or into small pieces.
- Heat enough oil in pan and splutter zeera.
- Deep fry bhindi and keep them aside on a paper towel to soak away extra oil.
- Fry some sliced onions and ginger paste.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, heeng and salt.
- Add curd . The moment you will add curd it will start leaving water. Evaporate the water keeping the heat on medium. When half of the water is evaporated, stir continuously to get a thick grainy gravy.
- Add fried bhindi and garam masala to gravy and give it a good mix.
- You can enjoy dahi bhindi as a side dish. Taste great with plane paratha.
You might also like