Chili Paneer (Dry Chili Cottage Cheese)
Cottage cheese (Paneer)- 50 gms
Maida - enough to make a good coating over paneer cubes in batter form
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric (Haldi) – 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder or green chilli paste as per taste
Corn flour – 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Onion- Two medium sized, chopped in small square pieces
Capsicum – Two medium sized, chopped in small square pieces
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Green chili – 2 tsp, chopped length wise
Tomato sauce ( preferably, Kissan fresh tomato ketchup)-3-4 tbsp
Chili sauce ( Ching’s secret) – 1-2 tbsp
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Soy sauce – 1 tsp (approx.)
Cornflour -3-4 tbsp
Chopped spring onion for garnishing
Salt to taste
- Cut paneer into small cubes.
- Combine maida, ginger paste, garlic paste,turmeric, green chili paste, cornflour and salt in a bowl. Add water to make a thick , smooth and homogenous batter. Add paneer cubes to maida batter and mix well.
- Fry paneer thinly coated with maida batter till brown. Drain them on a paper towel to remove extra oil.
- For sauce, stir fry chopped onions, capsicums, green chilies and ginger – garlic paste.
- When vegetables are cooked properly add all sauces, vinegar and salt.
- Make a solution of cornflour (3-4 tbsps) in cold water (1/2 bowl). Add the solution to the fried vegetables.
- Toss every thing for few minutes till sauce becomes thick.
- Add fried paneer to the sauce just before eating.
- Garnish with some chopped spring onions.
- Chilli paneer can be served hot with Vegetable Chow- mein.
Serves/Makes : 2-3
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Paneer Bhurji (Scrambled Cottage Cheese)
- Paneer Korma (Cottage Cheese Curry)
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Sandwich
- Paneer Masala (Spicy Cottage Cheese)
- Paneer Paratha (Cottage Cheese Paratha)
You might also like
|Paneer Bhurji (Scrambled Cottage Cheese) Ingredients: Cottage cheese (Paneer)- 50 gms Cashew nuts- 5-6 , broken in halves Ginger...||Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Sandwich Ingredients: Cottage cheese (Paneer)- ½ cup, grated Bread slices - 4 Black pepper powder...||Saunfia Paneer Tikka (Spicy Cheese Bites) Ingredients: Cottage cheese (Paneer)- 50 gm, cut into small cubes Thick curd (remove maximum...||Paneer Paratha (Cottage Cheese Paratha) Ingredients: For dough Whole wheat flour (Atta): 1 cup Salt to taste Cooking oil For stuffing: Cottage...|