Chana Masala (Chhole)
Chick peas (Kabuli chana) – 2 cup
Cumin seeds (Zeera)- ½ tsp
Bay leaves (Tejpatta) – 3-4, small
Onion- one big, finely chopped
Tomato- one medium, finely chopped
Ginger paste- 2 tbsps
Garlic paste- 2 tbsps
Green chillies – 2-3, chopped
Black cardamom powder (Badi elaichi) - ¼ tsp
Green cardamom powder (Chhoti elaichi) – 2-3 pinch
Clove powder- a pinch
Cinnamon powder (Dalchini) – 2-3 pinch
Roast cumin seeds (Zeera) and grind into a fine powder – 1 tsp
Roast coriander seeds (Dhania) and grind into a fine powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder(Haldi)- ½ tsp
Red chili powder as per taste
Chana masala – 5-6 tsp approx.
Coriander leaves, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
- Soak chana in water overnight.
- Pressure cook chana with salt and enough water until soft.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry bay leaves and splutter zeera seeds.
- Saute chopped onions till golden.
- Add salt.
- Add ginger- garlic paste till golden brown.
- Add all powdered dry masalas except chana masala.
- Add tomatoes and cook them till they are soft.
- Add green chillies.
- Add paste of chana masala made in water and fry well.
- Add boiled chana and water.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add lime juice.
- Garnish the preparation with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with bhatura or paratha or naan.
You might also like
|Kala Chana Kabab (Black Chick Peas Kabobs) Ingredients: Black chick pea (Kala chana) – 3/4 cup, boiled Chana dal (Bengal Gram) - 1/4...||Pooran Poli (Sweet Flat Bread) Puran poli is a classical Marathi dish. It is a dessert served during important festivals such as Holi,...||Kala Chana Masala /Ghugni (Black Chickpeas Curry) Kala Chana Masala or Ghugni is another popular Punjabi dish. Its an excellent source of protein and...||Lauki Chana (Bottle Guard or Opo Squash with Bengal Gram Lentils) Ingredients: Lauki (Bottle Guard or Opo Squash): one medium sized, cut into small cubes Chana dal...|