Chana Dal Pakoda (Bengal Gram Lentil Pakodas)
Chana dal (Split Bengal gram) – ¼ Cup
Onions: ¼ cup, finely chopped
Green chilies: 2-3, finely chopped
Ginger paste : ½ tbsp
Garlic paste – ½ tbsp
Coriander leaves, finely chopped
Turmeric powder (Haldi): ½ tsp
Red chili powder – ½ tsp
Coriander powder : ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
- Soak chana dal overnight.
- Blend it using minimum amount of water possible.
- Add the remaining ingredients; onions, green chilies, ginger paste, garlic paste, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- Make small balls out of the mix. Flatten the balls slightly so that they are completely cooked on frying.
- Deep fry these balls in hot oil on medium flame.
- Serve hot with any chutney.
You might also like