Chana Dal Kofta (Bengal Gram Kofta)
Chana Dal Kofta (Bengal Gram Kofta) is prepared by dipping chana dal pakodas in a spicy gravy. It can be enjoyed with steamed rice or chapatis or even parathas.
Chana dal (Split Bengal gram) – ¼ Cup
Onions: ¼ cup, finely chopped
Green chilies: 2-3, finely chopped
Ginger paste : ½ tbsp
Garlic paste – ½ tbsp
Coriander leaves, finely chopped
Turmeric powder (Haldi): ½ tsp
Red chili powder – ½ tsp
Coriander powder : ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
Onion- one big, finely chopped
Green chilies- 2-3 , finely chopped
Coriander leaves , finely chopped
Ginger paste- 2 tbsps
Garlic paste – 2 tbsps
Garam masala-¼ tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsps
Turmeric powder(Haldi) – ¼ tsp
Red chili powder to taste
Asafoetida (Heeng)- a pinch
Salt to taste
- For koftas, soak chana dal overnight.
- Blend it using minimum amount of water possible.
- Add the remaining ingredients; onions, green chilies, ginger paste, garlic paste, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt . Mix well.
- Make small balls out of the mix. Flatten the balls slightly so that they are completely cooked on frying.
- Deep fry these balls in hot oil on medium flame. Keep the koftas aside
- For gravy, heat oil and fry onions till dark brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry well.
- Make a paste of all dry masalas (except garam masala) in water mentioned under gravy section.
- Add and fry paste of masalas for ½ min.
- Add water depending upon the consistency of gravy you want.
- Add salt, garam masala and the koftas to the gravy and simmer the curry for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve hot with chapatis or steamed rice.
You might also like
|Chana Dal Pakoda (Bengal Gram Lentil Pakodas) Ingredients: Chana dal (Split Bengal gram) - ¼ Cup Onions: ¼ cup, finely chopped Green chilies:...||Lauki Chana (Bottle Guard or Opo Squash with Bengal Gram Lentils) Ingredients: Lauki (Bottle Guard or Opo Squash): one medium sized, cut into small cubes Chana dal...||Kala Chana Kabab (Black Chick Peas Kabobs) Ingredients: Black chick pea (Kala chana) – 3/4 cup, boiled Chana dal (Bengal Gram) - 1/4...||Lauki Kofta Curry Lauki kofta is a very popular dish in north India. Mostly served with naan or tandoori roti. Lauki...|