All purpose flour (Maida) – 1.5 cup
Baking soda – 1.5 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Sugar -1 cup
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1/4 cup
Walnut (optional), chopped – 1/4 cup
Raisins – 1/4 cup
Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
Nutmeg powder – 1 tsp
Curd – 1/4 cup
Egg – 1
Milk – 1/4 cup
Grated carrot – 2 cup
- Pre-heat oven (or microwave oven with convection mode) at 160 degree Celsius.
- Grease your 8″ baking tray properly.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl except sugar and sieve three times to ensure proper mixing.
- Combine egg, oil, curd, milk, sugar and vanilla essence in another bowl and whisk them for a minute.
- Add dry ingredients slowly to wet ingredients and mix the batter gently and constantly.
- Mix the batter for 1-2 minutes with the hand blender.
- Fold in walnuts(chopped), raisins and grated carrot (Remove all water from carrots) in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan.
- Bake the cake at 160 degree Celsius for 50 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Cool the cake at room temperature.
You might also like