Gram flour (Besan) – 3/4 cup
Red chili powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric (Haldi) – 1∕4 tsp
Mustard oil for cooking
Curd – 1 Cup
Roasted zeera powder – ½-1 tsp
Red chili powder as per taste
Black salt as per taste
Salt to taste
- Combine besan, red chili powder, haldi, half a spoon of oil and salt in a bowl.
- Make a thick and a smooth paste with help of water. Beat the batter well to avoid lumps.
- In order to check whether the besan batter is ready for preparing boondi, pour a tiny drop of besan batter in hot oil. If it comes out to be spherical then it is okay other wise you need to add more water to the batter.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Hold a sieve meant for making boondi or a laddle with holes over kadhai and put 3-4 tbsps of besan batter over the laddle and spread the batter with help of spoon or hand in circular fashion. While doing so small drops of batter will fall into the hot oil. Fry till the boondies are crisp. Continue this process with the remaining batter.
- Soak all the fried boondi in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes and squeeze out all water. This removes the extra oil oil out and does not make raita oily.
- Beat curd in a bowl and add water or milk if the curd is very thick.
- Add boondi, zeera powder, red chili powder,salt and black salt. Mix well.
- Serve slightly chilled.
You might also like