Besan (Gram flour) - 1 cup
Sooji (Semolina) – 1.5 tbsp
Sugar – 3 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Ginger-green chillies paste – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder (haldi) – 1/3 tsp
Eno – 1- 1.5 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Heeng (Asfoetida) – 3-4 pinches
Split green chilies – 3-4
Coconut powder – 1 tbsp
- Seive besan. Combine besan, salt ,sugar, haldi, lemon juice and ginger-green chillies paste in a bowl and mix well.
- Add water to make a smooth and homogenous paste (consistency should be little thinner than idli batter).
- Grease a plate or a bowl in which you want to set dhokla.
- Add eno and very little water to the dhokla batter.
- Mix the batter quickly and pour it in the greased bowl or plate. The moment we add eno the batter becomes fluffy, creamy and double in amount.
- Place the bowl/plate in microwave and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Fry split green chillies and add heeng.
- Add 3/4 th cup of water and pour every thing evenly on dhokla.
- Garnish dhokla with fresh coriander leaves and coconut.
- Cut dhokla into pieces and enjoy with pudina chutney.
Possibly Related Posts (Generated Automatically)
- Besan Ki Sabji (Spicy Besan Curry)
- Besan Cheela (Spicy Gram Flour Pancakes)
- Besan and Sooji Halwa (Gram flour and Semolina Halwa)
- Besan Ladoo
- Besan Bhindi Fry (Fried Okra with Gram Flour)
You might also like
|Besan Ladoo Ingredients: Besan (Gram flour)- 1 cup Sooji (Semolina) - 2 tbsp Ghee - 1/4 cup Sugar (powdered)...||Besan and Sooji Halwa (Gram flour and Semolina Halwa) Ingredients: Gram flour (Besan) – ½ cup Semolina (Sooji) – ½ cup Milk – ½ cup Sugar...||Besan Cheela (Spicy Gram Flour Pancakes) Ingredients: Gram flour (Besan) – 3/4 cup Sooji (Semolina) - 1/4 cup Onion- one medium, finely...||Hariyala Sooji Dosa (Spinach Vegan Omelette) Ingredients: Sooji or rawa (Semolina) - 1 cup Maida (All purpose flour) - 1 tbsp Besan...|