Besan Cheela (Spicy Gram Flour Pancakes)
Gram flour (Besan) – 3/4 cup
Sooji (Semolina) – 1/4 cup
Onion- one medium, finely chopped
Green chilies – 3-4 finely chopped
Turmeric (Haldi) – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida (Heeng) – 2, pinches
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Mustard oil for cooking
Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and add water to form a smooth and homogeneous batter. Consistency should be equivalent to that of dosa batter. Whisk well to remove all lumps.
- Heat a non stick tawa. Add a spoon of oil and spread it evenly.
- After oil is hot, reduce the flame and pour some batter on tawa and spread it evenly in a round shape.
- When one side of cheela is cooked, flip it and grease the other side of the cheela.
- Cheela gets ready when both sides of it are cooked, brownish and crispy.
- Serve hot with a spicy chutney.
You might also like