Besan and Sooji Halwa (Gram flour and Semolina Halwa)
Gram flour (Besan) – ½ cup
Semolina (Sooji) – ½ cup
Milk – ½ cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Water –½ cup
Green cardamom (Chhoti elaichi) powder- 1 tsp
Saffron (Kesar) – few strands
Ghee – 3-4 tbsps
- Boil water and add sugar, green cardomom’s powder and saffron strands. Boil till sugar completely dissolves and syrup thickens to a two thread consistency. Keep the sugar syrup aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel. Add besan and fry until it is slight brown and gives a nice aroma. Constantly stir it to ensure even browning on a medium flame.
- Add sooji and constantly stir till the mix becomes a bit darker in color.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Add sugar water (syrup) and mix rapidly to prevent lump formation .
- When it is almost dry but not completely dry (at this stage halwa rolls into a ball) then spread the halwa evenly on a plate greased with oil.
- Keep the plate in the refrigerator for 15 -20 minutes for halwa to set.
- Now remove the plate from the refrigerator and cut the spread into shapes of your choice.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and silver foil.
You might also like