Baby Corn Chili
Baby corns – 200 gms
Maida - 1/2 cup
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric (Haldi) – 1/4 tsp
Green chilli paste – 1/2 tbsp
Corn flour – 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Onion- Two medium sized, chopped in small square pieces
Capsicum – Two medium sized, chopped in small square pieces
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Green chili – 2 tsp, chopped length wise
Tomato sauce ( preferably, Kissan fresh tomato ketchup)-3-4 tbsp
Chili sauce ( Ching’s secret) – 1-2 tbsp
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Soy sauce – 1 tsp (approx.)
Cornflour -3-4 tbsp
Chopped spring onion for garnishing
Salt to taste
- Cut baby corns into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine maida, ginger paste, garlic paste,turmeric, green chili paste, cornflour and salt in a bowl. Add water to make a thick , smooth and homogenous batter. Add baby corns to maida batter and mix well.
- Fry baby corns thinly coated with maida batter till brown. Drain them on a paper towel to remove extra oil.
- For sauce, stir fry chopped onions, capsicums, green chilies and ginger – garlic paste.
- When vegetables are cooked properly add all sauces, vinegar and salt.
- Make a solution of cornflour (3-4 tbsps) in cold water (1/2 bowl). Add the solution to the fried vegetables.
- Toss every thing for few minutes till sauce becomes thick.
- Add fried baby corns to the sauce just before eating.
- Garnish with some chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot as starter or appetizer. Served best with Vegetable Chow-mein.
You might also like
|Kashmiri Dum Aloo Ingredients: Baby potatoes - 10 Saunf (Fennel seeds) - 1 tsp Zeera (Cumin seeds) - 1 tsp Clove...||Chili Paneer (Dry Chili Cottage Cheese) Ingredients: Cottage cheese (Paneer)- 50 gms Maida - enough to make a good coating over paneer...||Vegetable Manchurian Ingredients: For manchurian balls Cauliflower: ½ cup, very finely cut Cabbage: ½ cup, very finely...||Vegetable Cutlet Ingredients:Potatoes - 2 medium in size, boiled, peeled and mashed Cumin seeds (Zeera) : 1 tbsp Cashew...|